Fire the Employee of the Month!
What’s wrong with most staff recognition programs? Too much emphasis on the program and too little focus on recognizing staff. What is needed to improve how the contributions of staff are acknowledged is not more programs, but a shakeup in the way people think about staff recognition. By challenging common beliefs and practices related to staff recognition, Nelson Scott prepares participants to express appreciation in ways that will yield amazing results – improved morale, reduced turnover, increased productivity and higher customer loyalty. Before the presentation ends, you will be ready to Fire the Employee of the Month . . . program!
During this seminar, you will learn:
- Why all the excuses for not recognizing staff are invalid . . . and likely harmful to the organization
- Why you should never send ’em lunch
- Why money is a poor substitute for meaningful recognition
- What turns retirement parties into funerals for the living
- How one word can destroy any message of appreciation
- How to change a room full of winners into a gathering of losers in just minutes
- Why you should never hug your computer
- Why the boss is important . . . really!
- What is the best type of recognition of all
- Why you should stop trying to be a sandwich maker or accountant . . . unless you are already in that business
The program descriptions found on this website are meant only as a starting point. Nelson will work with you to create the presentation that best meets your requirements.
Most programs can be offered as a keynote, a convention break-out, or a half- or full-day workshop . . . or even longer.
Return to Presentations
Return to Recognition & Retention
Back to Top